- This event has passed.
3-Week Birthing From Within Childbirth Preparation Class
June 1, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until June 15, 2017
Birthing From Within Childbirth Preparation Classes focus on providing expecting couples with the tools that they will need to give birth in awareness and move through the unknowns of labor with presence and compassion. Inspired by the landmark books, Birthing From Within, Ancient Maps for Modern Birth and Ina May Gaskin’s Guide to Childbirth, Rebecca’s classes are solution-oriented, experiential and useful in guiding parents through what they will need to birth mindfully.
Classes will cover:
- Comfort Measures: labor positions + breath-centered pain coping practices
- The stages of labor + what it might look like (both from a mother and her partner’s perspective)
- Physiology + Hormones of birth, including baby positioning
- How to work with your birth team to ask questions + get information before, during & after birth
- How to know when to use medical pain-relief, including the Epidural
- Cesarean birth options/Family-Centered Cesarean plans
- Pushing + how to use your breath & body to guide your baby out
- Immediate postpartum care (entire family)
- How to baby-proof your relationship
Led by Rebecca Peterson, Birthing from Within Childbirth Mentor and Prenatal Yoga Instructor, please visit sacredbreaths.com for more information or to contact Rebecca directly with questions.
*photo courtesy Joel Peterson Photography