- This event has passed.
*Cancelled Today: Community Group: Pregnancy Circle
August 8, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Join us for a weekly community pregnancy circle for the opportunity to build community, embrace self-reflection, and feel empowered throughout all stages pregnancy by promoting overall health of mind, body and spirit. While pregnancy is a beautiful process, it can also be overwhelming and challenging. It is of paramount importance for pregnant women to find a space where they can focus on self-care, find connection to their bodies and babies, and connect with a community of other women to share this journey into motherhood together. Led by a birth and postpartum doula, certified yoga instructor, and licensed social worker, this group offers a nonjudgmental, compassionate, safe space to explore and process experiences along your pregnancy journey and feelings about your upcoming birth while connecting and learning from one another and developing a deeper connection to your body, mind, spirit, and baby. Throughout this group you will receive dedicated time and space for your baby and yourself so you leave feeling encouraged, valued, and recharged.
Together we will create a safe space to relax, unwind, and release tension to nourish your mind, body, and spirit through the following interventions:
- Supportive, open conversation to explore challenges and celebrate triumphs of your motherhood journey to help you feel empowered during this transformative time
- Opportunity to process feelings of uncertainty about birth and other aspects of pregnancy and embrace the ups and downs to help you feel more grounded, centered, and connected amongst various changes and challenges
- Gentle, safe prenatal yoga postures, relaxation techniques, and breathwork to help connect you to the innate strength within your body and to enhance bonding/ connection with your baby.
- Breathwork, guided meditation, and affirmations to help you through your pregnancy and during your labor process. -Opportunity for self-reflection and introspection through journaling, art, and meditation
- Empowerment through knowledge and resources to help you feel strong and confident along this journey and transition.
- Community support from new mama friends to start growing or expanding your circle of support through pregnancy and your transition to parenthood.
Tuesdays @ 5:30-6:30pm.
$40, 5 session punch card ($8/each class)
Please pre-register using tickets link below
Facilitated by Brittany Burke, a birth and postpartum doula, certified yoga instructor, and licensed social worker.